Last Updated on June 24, 2021 by WS Content Team
One of the most useful ways of viewing the changes that you make to your Git repository to your WordPress site is using WordPress GitHub Plugin. Therefore, in today’s article, we will provide you with the excellent WordPress Github Plugin
What are the benefits of installing the WordPress GitHub Plugin?
Firstly, this plugin can help you update all new changes to the Git repository, then it will automatically update your plugins and themes without having to use an FTP client. Secondly, it also allows you to keep informed of your WordPress plugins and themes whenever you release a new version. And there are also a variety of powerful features that are waiting for you. Let’s begin with a list of the best WordPress Github Plugin below.
Top Must-have WordPress Github Plugin
GitHub Embed is well known for its indispensable highlights. By utilizing this module, you have the ability to install detail from GitHub by gluing in the URL. Likewise, it additionally gives you some fundamental styles or you additionally add classes to style as indicated by your advantage.
- Provides very basic styling
- Allows you to embed details from GitHub just by pasting in the URL
- Work effectively
The huge element of this module is that it permits you to get the download tally, interface, and other data for arrivals of GitHub vaults. It implies that you get the number of absolute downloads for one GitHub storehouse.
- All repository downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer”]
- Latest release downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer” latest=”true”]
- Specific release downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer” tag=”v1.6.0″]
- Gets information about the latest published release for the repository
- Gets information about the release with the specified tag name
- The release description and the list of files that can be downloaded
- Hides information about the download count
- Hides the download link for the source code
- A great plugin
- Easy to use
The module just takes you a couple of moments to set up. Be that as it may, after you have completed the way toward introducing, you can unreservedly add a GitHub Repository Embed Block to the Block Editor. Likewise, on the off chance that you need to give a card the archive data, this module totally permits you to do that.
- Add a GitHub Repository embed block to the Block Editor
- Show a card with the repository information
- Add a GitHub repository to any page or post on your website
- Simple and lightweight
- Nice tool
- Translation ready
This module is trusted by a huge load of clients all throughout the planet, in light of its simple interface. You can utilize it without proficient coding prerequisites. It permits you to adds Github Gists in your posts by means of the shortcode.
For example, you can consist of a full Gist with the following shortcode:
- Add a full gist: [gist id=”3837669″]
- Add a specific file in a gist: [gist id=”3837669″ file=”index.php]
- A user-friendly tool
- Full support
The module has been worked with numerous amazing highlights. On account of that, you can undoubtedly add “Fork me on Github” strips to your WordPress posts or pages. Also, you can alternatively pick the situation to show the strip. Moreover, there are 6 different tones that are accessible for you to browse.
- Choose between image-based ribbons or CSS3 based ribbons
- Choose whether to show the ribbon on the right side or on the left side
- Configuration can be set either globally or on a post-by-post basis
- Pick up any one of the 6 different colours that are available
- You can choose whether the link has to open in a new tab or not
- Available support
- Translation ready
WP GitHuber MD is quite possibly the top Plugins in light of the fact that the entirety of the highlights are incorporated into this module. You can lead different highlights like Markdown proofreader, live-see, picture glue, HTML-to-Markdown aide, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- Live preview.
- Spell check.
- Enable/disable Markdown for a single post.
- Support Gutenberg editor.
- Support custom post types.
- Support Markdown extra syntax.
- HTML-to-Markdown tool.
- Image copy & paste (support uploading to Imgur.com and sm. ms)
- Highlight code syntax. (prism.js or hightlight.js)
- Flow chart.
- And much more
- Many powerful features
- A useful tool without any Warranty
On the off chance that you need to show the most recent submission of a GitHub repo in the sidebar, you shouldn’t disregard this module. This ideal device gives you a sidebar gadget that can be designed to display submits from a GitHub repo in the sidebar. Besides, you can likewise utilize the underneath layout capacity to show the submits of a GitHub repo to any space in the subject.
- $user(string) – Github user name.
- $repo (string) – Github repo name.
- $count (int) – default 5 – Number of recent commits to show
- Adds the following CSS classes
- Can use the code from this gist to increase the timeout
- Shortcode support
- Ability to hide author-name
- Make the output of widget content pluggable
- Excellent support
- Available translation
This extraordinary module empowers you to distribute the markdown records as of now in a Github archive to your WordPress site. By utilizing this module, your WordPress post will not miss any progressions in light of the fact that at whatever point the records are added, refreshed in the archive, your post will be refreshed right away.
- Markdown will be processed and the post will be published in HTML
- Images used in the source file will be uploaded to WordPress
- Relative links are supported
- Set post properties like post status, title, order, category, tags etc, in the source file itself
- Webhook support (whenever the repository is changed, it updates the plugin to pull the latest changes and publish the posts)
- Add multiple repositories
- Publish to any post type
- Posts are published in hierarchical manner if they are under folders
- Support for post metadata like setting tags, categories, custom fields
- Intensive features
- A helpful plugin
- Work perfectly
In spite of having some drawbacks, each plugin will help you to deal with your problems effectively. In addition, if you are interested in Themes, you can drop off our free WordPress themes to update more excellent designs for your website. Thanks for reading, if you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Hello everyone! We’re a WS Content Team with 4 members in the Content Marketing field from Wooskins. We make daily blogs for WordPress plugins and related in quality content, providing good resources for everyone who using WordPress CMS.